Employment and HR
Business success depends on a strong workforce that is efficiently managed and supported. As the talented people in your company are a major asset, you need an expert legal team to help implement best practice policies and minimise risk in relation to any employment or HR issue.
At Artington Legal, our team of employment and HR solicitors partner with clients to provide practical, cost-effective advice that your business can depend on. Our lawyers have a wealth of experience in advising UK and international businesses on employment and HR matters and are well placed to provide you with the legal support you need, whatever the size of your workforce.
Our extensive knowledge and experience working both in-house and in private practice in a range of different industries and sectors means we can expertly assist you with any issue and will provide you with tailored, innovative advice. As the rapidly changing global economic landscape demands more flexible workforces, businesses are facing new employment and HR law challenges. With the innovative strategic advice of our experienced team, your organisation will be able to tackle any challenge.
Our services include:
Recruitment and induction
Our experienced lawyers will provide assistance with various recruitment and induction issues, including:
- directors’ service agreements;
- employment contracts;
- wording of job adverts and role requirements;
- policies and procedures; and
- staff handbook.
We regularly advise management teams on a whole range of employment and HR issues, providing support in:
- grievances and disciplinary matters;
- share option plans;
- long term incentive plans;
- TUPE and outsourcing arrangements;
- HR consulting;
- immigration; and
- employment law training.
When staff leave, it is important to handle any issues efficiently and sensitively. We provide support with:
- settlement agreements;
- dismissal procedures;
- severance packages; and
- individual and collective redundancies.
Our team’s recent experience includes:
- advising a medium-sized employer (in the hotel sector) in relation to a disciplinary action and dismissal following offensive Facebook comments posted by an employee;
- providing employment corporate support and advice on TUPE following the unique outsourcing of property management services following the breach and termination of a property management services agreement by a landlord;
- conducting disciplinary and grievance investigations for a financial services organisation, leading to the negotiated exit of an employee;
- advising HR directors and business owners on handling grievance, disciplinary and dismissal procedures; and
- advising on exit arrangements for a senior executive.
- advising an employee client on negotiating an agreed exit strategy with his employer in relation to the application of post-termination restrictive covenants;
- advising an employee client on his rights under a complex deferred bonus scheme containing malus and clawback provisions; and
- advising a senior director of a global US listed internet company in relation to a whistleblowing grievance, culminating in a negotiated high value termination package and reduced restrictive covenants in a settlement agreement.
If you would like to know more please contact us