Commercial real estate
WE’RE TRUSTED BY
What can you expect from our commercial real estate lawyers?
If you are a business tenant or landlord, you will need leases, agreements and security which protect your interests. Having an expert legal team by your side is vital to guide you through the continually evolving real estate market and to help you benefit from opportunities for commercial success.
At Artington Legal, our team of real estate lawyers has years of experience and is well placed to advise clients on the complexities of commercial property law in England and Wales. Our lawyers are committed to providing proactive legal advice and will bring their wealth of experience and know-how to every real estate transaction.
OUR RECENT SUCCESSES
What our commercial real estate law services include
We work closely with our corporate and commercial functions across the firm to combine our sector knowledge and provide our clients with commercially focused advice. Whether you are an investor, developer or commercial landlord, our lawyers will give you the right support and guidance to get you the best deal.
Landlord and tenant
We provide a full range of services for landlords and tenants, including:
- drafting and negotiating new and renewal leases, transfers
- TOGC – transfer of business as a going concern
- negotiating and advising on heads of terms
- drafting and negotiating deeds of variation and surrenders of leases
- dealing with post-completion matters including Stamp Duty Land Tax and Land Registry applications
- advising on Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 lease renewals
- dealing with tenant applications for consent, whether for alterations, assignments, or subletting
- negotiating licences for alterations including advice on reinstatement provisions
- making licence to assign applications including advising on the conditions a landlord may be able to attach to any consent
- advising on break clause issues
Real estate property acquisitions and disposals
When it comes to real estate development, our lawyers will provide a full range of support for:
- land, individual and portfolio of properties
- complex development projects
- office buildings for owner’s use
- multi-let office buildings for investors
- redevelopment projects, large and small
- owner-occupied shops, offices and industrial units
- sales of new-build industrial units or offices
- sales which are conditional on planning consent being obtained by the buyer or other conditions being fulfilled
- option agreements
- conditional contracts
- industrial and manufacturing plants
- purchase of property into a SIPP or SSAS
- purchase and sale of property at auction
Real estate assets and estate management
We create value of your estate by providing general estate management and expertise for asset and estate management across a range of public and private market sectors.
- sector focused offerings across hospitality, office space, leisure , industrial and retail (whether in the high street, on retail parks or in shopping centres)
- negotiating drafting overage agreements as a separate standalone agreement or within a property sale agreement
- acting in relation to applications for licences to assign, licences to grant underleases or licences for alterations
- advising in connection with rent review provisions and the interpretation of clauses regarding rent reviews
- renewal leases pursuant to the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- bringing a forfeiture action
Meet our commercial real estate lawyers
Meet our dedicated commercial real estate team. They can assist you with acquisitions and disposals, landlord and tenant and estate management. Whatever your requirements, we will give you clear commercial advice on what’s important to you.
“We were extremely impressed from the outset, the attention to detail, communication and considered advice was everything, given we were completing a complex commercial lease from overseas. It’s rare in this situation to be completely comfortable with a legal team that you haven’t used before, however this may have become the easiest transaction in the sense of Q&A that we have completed in any of our global facilities.”Adrian Mapp, Director, Supply Chain Fusion (UK) Limited
Discover our track record of legal success stories
From the successful completion of a $4.5M asset acquisition to preparing and advising international clients on joint venture agreements, we’ve covered a range of different legal capabilities.
Explore what our clients have experienced when working with us.
Your legal health check is waiting
At Artington Legal, we offer introductory legal health checks designed to ensure that you have the appropriate legal and contractual foundations. We can assess your constitutional documents, shareholder structure, contracts, policies and procedures to ensure that you are compliant with relevant laws and regulations.
This is essential if you are planning to seek investment or sell your company. Request your legal health check today.