Effective Date: 01 January 2024
INFORMATION ABOUT US
The domain name www.artington.com used to access this site is owned by Artington Services Limited (“we” or “us” or “our”) is permitted to use the domain name. We operate this site, and we own or are licensed to use the content on this site. We are a private company limited by shares incorporated in England and Wales under the Companies Act 2006 with company number 8039478, having its registered office at Albion House, High Street, Woking, Surrey GU21 6BG. Artington Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority under number 568719 and registered for VAT purposes in the United Kingdom with VAT registration number GB 139326896. All references to “Artington Legal”, “the firm” and the like should be read as referring to Artington Services Limited.
INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
- Session cookies are cookies that expire and are deleted at the end of a browser session – from when the user opens the browser to when they exit it.
- A persistent cookie is stored on the users terminal equipment between browsing sessions, until it reaches a defined expiration date.
HOW CAN I MANAGE MY COOKIES?
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
For more information about cookies you can visit About Cookies.
You can also choose how web browser cookies are handled by your device via your browser settings. Some devices allow you to control this through your device settings. If you choose not to receive cookies at any time, websites may not function properly and certain services will not be provided. Each browser and device is different, so check the settings menu of the browser or device to learn how to change your settings and cookie preferences.
You can find information on how to manage cookie settings on certain browsers via the following links:
- Google Chrome Turn cookies on or off – Computer – Google Account Help
- Microsoft Edge Microsoft Edge, browsing data, and privacy
- Mozilla Firefox Enhanced Tracking Protection in Firefox for desktop | Firefox Help (mozilla.org)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Delete and manage cookies (microsoft.com)
- Opera Web preferences – Opera Help
- Apple Safari Safari – Official Apple Support
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
FURTHER INFORMATION AND HELP
If at any time you are concerned or have questions about how we might be handling your data, please reach out to us at [email protected].
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may revise this policy at any time by amending this page. When we make changes to this policy we will revise the “Effective Date” above. Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made.