Company legal health check
Taking time to review your business can be key to meeting your objectives. As your business grows and changes, so do its legal priorities and obligations, particularly if you carry out business online or in a regulated sector.
To help ensure that any legal risks to your business are minimised, we offer a legal health check to ensure that you have the appropriate legal and contractual foundations.
Your health check can be as detailed as circumstances require and can cover:
- Intellectual property – are your IP matters (trade marks, design rights, software, etc) and your commercial rights properly owned, licensed and protected?
- Suppliers – do supplier agreements dovetail effectively without potential points of failure or commercial weakness?
- Data protection – are data protection regulations, policies and marketing strategies all properly aligned?
- Employment – are key personnel bound by employment contracts with appropriate notice periods and non-competes?
- Sales contracts – if sales contracts are negotiated without legal supervision, does the sales force know how to properly identify and mitigate risk?
- Standard terms and conditions – do all terms and conditions and standard form documents reflect what the business does and are they fit for purpose?
The health check involves understanding your business’s current and future commercial operational imperatives, and then assessing contracts, policies and procedures against those imperatives. We will provide you with an executive report which clearly identifies where your policies or contracts are out of date or non-existent, and what steps are needed to ensure your business is fully compliant.
If you would like to know more please contact us