Travel and travel technology
Artington Legal’s founder spent 10 years in the travel technology industry, latterly as General Counsel at Travelport GDS (Global Distribution System), a world leading e-commerce travel platform. With his experience and contacts in the sector and our international strength, it is no surprise that our lawyers continue to provide a great deal of legal advice to companies operating in the travel and transportation sectors.
Our solicitors have worked with a wide range of businesses from accommodation providers offering serviced apartments, to international rail companies, from travel tech start-ups to one of the leading online booking services and one of the largest travel related retailers.
With the vast majority of bookings occurring online, we help companies to ensure that contracts for mission-critical software systems protect their interests. We also advise on the full range of commercial contracts and joint ventures, financing arrangements, employment law and real estate.
Our recent experience in the travel and travel technology sector includes:
- Advising one of Europe’s largest online travel agencies on corporate and commercial matters;
- Advising a travel technology company on its GDS contracts;
- Advising one of the world’s largest tour operators on its commercial real estate requirements;
- Advising one of the largest airport retail operators;
- Advising a medium-sized employer in the hotel sector in relation to a disciplinary action and dismissal following offensive Facebook comments posted by an employee;
- Advising a train operating company on the tender process and contractual terms required for the procurement and mobilisation of a new rolling stock fleet;
- Conducting collective consultancy with the railway trade unions on a major company restructure and several outsourcing and in sourcing projects involving significant TUPE and IR issues; and
- In-house legal experience within the EMEA for freight and passenger service train operating companies.
If you would like to know more please contact us