Formerly an associate at US and UK law firms in the City of London, and a General Counsel at Travelport (NYSE) and an AIM-listed company, he has over 15 years of senior-level experience, including industry experience in the travel technology and water technology sectors. Tad’s work focuses on mergers and acquisitions, disposals, fundraisings and joint ventures, preparing companies for IPO, negotiating major commercial contracts and a wide range of commercial law matters.
His clients include early-stage tech businesses, SMEs, entrepreneurs and large corporates across the globe, including Australia, France, Hungary, India, Italy, Poland, Russia, South Africa, Spain, the UK and the USA.
Tad founded Artington Legal in 2012 to provide a new kind of legal service for growing businesses, based upon commercial understanding, innovation and collaboration, and upon in-depth experience of doing business internationally.
He is renowned for his commercially focused and pragmatic advice. Working hand in hand with other members of the Artington Legal team, Tad provides clients with a comprehensive range of legal advice for businesses, including:
- corporate transactions;
- commercial contracts;
- commercial real estate;
- employment and HR;
- intellectual property, privacy and data;
- financial services and regulatory; and
- providing outsourced in-house legal services.
Tad’s legal experience includes advising in:
- mergers and acquisitions;
- raising finance for growth;
- joint ventures;
- drafting and negotiating commercial transactions;
- regulatory framework;
- competition law;
- privacy and data protection;
- trade sanctions;
- anti-bribery issues; and
- board advisory and company secretarial matters.
Recent examples of how Tad has helped clients include:
- completing an investment by a French venture capital provider into a UK-based early stage tech company in the asset management sector;
- restructuring a fast growing technology company working in the private and public sectors to include new investors, shareholders’ agreement, new articles of association and a reorganisation of companies within the group;
- purchase of a UK based technology company for a listed client in India;
- demerger of an international group of private companies in the management consulting field;
- completing a $4.5m asset acquisition of a US business for a UK company in the water technology sector;
- negotiating the settlement of major international commercial disputes to the value of over $100 million;
- advising on cross-border acquisitions and disposals, including an asset purchase in South Africa, joint ventures in India and in Russia, share purchases in Hungary and Poland, and an asset sale in the USA; and
- advising on post-acquisition integration and restructuring.
Recent speaking engagements
Tad has lobbied the European Commission and the European Parliament on industry regulation in the EEA and market access in China.
June 2015 – Institute of Risk Management, speaking on the topic of Legal Risk: Global, UK and Sector Perspectives.
Joined Artington Legal
- Richards Butler (now Reed Smith LLP)
- Modern Water plc
Born in England, Tad has dual British and Polish nationality. He enjoys spending time with his wife and two children, and is also a keen cyclist and sports enthusiast. He is also interested in photography and travelling. He speaks English, French, Polish, Italian and some Spanish.