Alison is an experienced senior commercial lawyer, qualified in England and Wales. She worked for many years as an associate at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (where she trained) and then as an in-house lawyer at EY. She has now worked as a solicitor for Artington Legal for over 5 years.
Having worked in a business environment, Alison recognises the importance of understanding a client’s commercial needs and pressures as well as offering flexibility and innovation. Her aim is to develop strong, consistent relationships with clients alongside in-depth business knowledge and give clear, jargon-free, commercial legal advice.
Key specialisms include
- commercial and business law – for example, advising on standard terms and conditions, distribution, sales and marketing agreements, e-commerce, website terms and conditions, software licensing, consultancy agreements and supply of goods and services agreements.
- corporate law – for example, advising on mergers, acquisitions, disposals, partnerships, joint ventures, shareholders agreements, directors’ liabilities, company formations and start-ups.
Examples of Alison’s recent experience include:
- completing a £2.5 million investment in a fast-growing company in the electric vehicle and chargepoint sector, including drafting and negotiating the Investment and Shareholders’ Agreement, Disclosure Letter and all ancillary documentation;
- working as outsourced general counsel for a leading online fundraising platform, including drafting and negotiating collaboration agreements with its main clients and service level agreements, amending customer terms and conditions and advising on all aspects of the client’s business;
- drafting a share buyback agreement, shareholders agreement, articles of association and services agreements (with clients and suppliers) for an award-winning digital marketing agency;
- working as outsourced general counsel for a global travel retailer;
- drafting a licence agreement for the use of a trademarked brand;
- advising on a management buy-out including drafting the Share Purchase Agreement and Shareholders Agreement;
- updating a client’s standard contracts including their subcontractor terms, customer terms and supplier terms;
- drafting a pro forma IR35 compliant consultancy agreement;
- preparing a partnership and joint venture agreement for a client;
- advising on a software development and service agreement;
- advising on an IT hosting and service agreement;
- preparing a content distribution agreement, collaboration agreement and reseller agreement for a client; and
- advising a client on the restructuring of its finance facilities.
Joined Artington Legal
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Awarded The Scott Scholarship Prize for performance in the Law Society’s Final Examination
- Awarded The City of London Solicitors Company’s prize
Alison is a busy working mum who loves spending time with her husband and three sons. She also enjoys holidays, walking the dog, entertaining friends and reading!