We are delighted to welcome commercial lawyer Sara Mayhew to the Artington Legal team. Sara will be joining our commercial and employment law departments to provide specialist advice to clients both in the UK and internationally.
A highly skilled commercial lawyer with six years’ experience working in a global role for the world’s largest publicly traded oilfield services company, specialising in marine agreements. Sara also spent a further six years running her own employment law business in the UK and can advise on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious employment or HR issues.
Her key specialisms include:
- drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts, including supply of goods and services, licence and standard form agreements;
- commercial marine law, reviewing and drafting vessel charters and shipyard agreements;
- non-contentious employment law, such as advising on service agreements, terms and conditions, policies and procedures, staff handbooks, TUPE, termination of employment (including redundancy), grievance and disciplinary procedures;
- contentious employment law, such as advising on Employment Tribunal claims (including discrimination, whistleblowing and TUPE) and appeals and reviewing settlement agreements; and
- general legal support for HR and small businesses including legal health checks and training on issues such as contract formation, recruitment, managing sickness absence, conducting grievances and disciplinary processes and dismissals.
Sara’s recent experience includes advising a multinational telecoms company on a sex discrimination claim, negotiating a high-value settlement package and advising on the licensing of proprietary technology to a competitor.
Sara is able to provide legal advice in French.