Joanne is experienced in working for clients in the life sciences industry and specialises in pharmacovigilance and patient safety matters. She joins Artington Legal after having spent over 15 years in house in the global legal department of FTSE 100 pharmaceutical company, AstraZeneca.
With her strong legal background from her time at Eversheds and Hogan Lovells, Joanne has an in-depth knowledge of the legal and regulatory matters which affect the life science industry. She has particular experience in risk management and compliance.
Her key specialisms include:
- pharmacovigilance and patient safety regulation and its practical implementation;
- management of global clinical trials and product liability claims;
- clinical and operational issues and crisis management including product recall;
- bioethics advice and development of bioethics strategies;
- risk management advice across product and policy issues;
- specialised practical training; and
- support for development, delivery and management of clinical trials.
Joanne’s most recent work includes providing quality control for all pharmacovigilance documents from a regulatory law perspective across all phases of drug development. This ranged from pre-clinical stages through to market approval and lifecycle management across all therapeutic areas.
She is also experienced in providing legal advice to issue management and clinical study teams across a number of different therapy areas, advising on issues such as clinical safety, drug manufacture and regulatory responsibilities.
Joanne is UK qualified and speaks conversational French.