Artington Legal would like to give a warm welcome to our latest consultant, Francis Preedy. Francis brings with him a vast wealth of intellectual property experience, having worked for a well-known firm of solicitors, in-house for a major corporation and within a specialist trade mark private practice. Francis also likes to share his knowledge with business studies students and is an advisor to the Young Enterprise Scheme.
His key specialisms include:
- brand creation and services connected with brand use;
- trade mark, design and copyright protection and enforcement;
- negotiation and mediation in relation to IP conflicts;
- settlement agreements arising from IP disputes;
- trade mark, design and copyright licensing;
- non-disclosure agreements relating to IP rights; and
- general IP education.
In addition to the protection and enforcement of IP rights, Francis provides advice to clients from the conception of an idea and its brand. He has previously been involved in projects for the likes of P&O, Kenwood and Luxury Explorer to name a few. Having worked for a range of companies, Francis is able to provide advice to individuals, small, medium, and large bodies and further gives talks and presentations both in-house and to educational institutions on IP and the importance of those rights in practice.