Nigel is an experienced senior IT, IP, sports, travel and general commercial lawyer. He began his career at Norton Rose and spent over 18 years in-house in large multinationals, start-ups and turnarounds, including IMG, Hogg Robinson Group, Spendvision and Peverel, latterly as Head of Legal and Company Secretary.
He has a keen understanding of what companies want from their legal advisers, and he ensures that his legal input adds value and supports a company’s commercial and operational imperatives.
Key specialisms include
- commercial contracts;
- general counsel services;
- special projects;
- legal health checks;
- legal A&E; and
- drafting, reviewing and negotiating various commercial contracts, from extremely short tactical agreements to multi-million pound international agreements, for IT, sports, new media, mobile payments, travel and property management;
- training numerous in-house lawyers and contract negotiators, including practical hints and tips about how to add and safeguard value and provide the service which the business requires;
- providing specific and strategic input to companies which do not have in-house legal resource but where experienced legal input is required to help focus, guide, support and act as a sounding board;
- acting as a single point of management and contact for a project in order to allow key legal staff to concentrate on business as usual;
- stepping in when contracts and negotiations are going off the rails and a fresh pair of experienced eyes has been needed to assess the situation and bring it back on track; and
- providing legal health check audits for investors and management to ensure a business has the correct legal and contractual foundations for expansion whether by rolling out new products and services, attracting new investment, or moving into new territories or preparing for sale.
Joined Artington Legal
- Norton Rose
- Hogg Robinson Group