Miranda is a senior solicitor qualified in England and Wales and New Zealand with over 15 years´ experience specialising in investment funds, financial services and general commercial law.
Miranda is known for advising in plain language with practical and business focused solutions and advice. She advises clients of all sizes in a variety of industries and has a good appreciation for how regulatory issues impact businesses, products and services.
Miranda has strong contract drafting and negotiation skills, which she can apply to a wide range of types of agreements, and is adept at assuring that contracts which are provided to her clients by a third party are made fit for purpose for her client, their business and mitigation of their contractual risk.
She is also very good at identifying business and regulatory risk and is a natural problem solver.
Financial Services regulatory environment: Analysis and advice on the financial services regime in the UK, including the FCA Handbook. She also advises on authorisation requirements and can undertake regulatory risk analysis.
Financial Services entities: Miranda can assist with applications to the FCA, and can draft or advise on investment fund related documentation, distribution agreements, joint ventures, client or service terms and conditions, appointment as SUP Skilled Person, and provide due diligence and risk assessments.
Commercial: Most types of commercial agreements, including agreements for services, agency and distribution agreements, advising on client or service terms and conditions, intercompany agreements, software licenses and application development agreements.
Corporate: Set up of companies in UK via Companies House, Director’s resolutions, Board minutes, dissolution applications.
Recent examples of how Miranda has helped clients:
- Amending an agency agreement for a large fundraising platform to ensure that the client was covered for settlement of funds, personal data transfer and intellectual property use.
- Advising on and preparing the application form for a FCA Change in Controller notification involving controllers in the UK and US.
- Amending an online application development agreement, including building in service levels and acceptance testing as well as advising on personal data transfer outside of the UK to a non-EEA state.
- Drafting parental guarantees for a client over outsourced arrangements where client had been subject to a change of control.
- Drafting warranties regarding authorisation and compliance for a sale and purchase agreement related to a FCA authorised company.
- Advice on application of FCA Prudential regulations for a global group which contains a UK FCA authorised entity.
- Revision of a client terms and conditions to support their application to act as a ¨Skilled Person¨ for an FCA report.
- Advising on the process to dissolve a UK company and drafting relevant resolutions to do so.
Joined Artington Legal
Miranda lives in France with her husband and 2 daughters, where they live near a lake and the French Alps so its lake life in the summer and mountains in the winter. She enjoys travel, theatre and reading and she also is a qualified life coach, who practices part time.