Kash is an experienced commercial litigator with a particular focus in the construction, oil & gas, and finance sectors. He specialises in the resolution of complex, high-value disputes, usually with an international element, and has successfully advised clients in all forms of dispute resolution including adjudications, international arbitrations, mediations and high court litigation.
In the construction sector, he has significant experience in negotiating amendments to standard-form construction contracts including ancillary construction documents such as collateral warranties, parent company guarantees, and other related agreements.
- Commercial Litigation
- International Arbitration
Kash’s legal experience includes:
- Acting for a West African-based private equity firm in a commercial court claim seeking damages of over US$ 3 million in relation to breaches of the terms of a share purchase agreement in a company listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
- Acting for a Ghanaian bank to register and enforce Ghanaian judgements in England against UK assets of the bank’s debtors with debts of several millions of dollars owed to the bank.
- Acting for a leading technology and innovation company in response to proceedings issued in the London Court of International Arbitration for damages in the region of £500 million in which the claimant terminated the contract for alleged breaches of the contract. Primary issues related to the causes of the delay and disruption to the implementation of the contract.
- Acting for a property developer against two major UK banks in relation to its claims in the High Court, Administrative Court, and the FCA Redress Scheme for damages worth over £20 million in connection with the mis-sale of 7 Interest Rate Hedging Products.
- Acting for Cambridgeshire County Council in TCC proceedings (including mediation proceedings) in relation to a delay and disruption dispute concerning the construction of the Cambridgeshire Guided Busway on the NEC 2 Contract for damages in the region of £100 million.
- Acting on various adjudication proceedings concerning issues such as the determination of practical completion, validity of payless certificates and final accounts.
- Advising a major developer in respect of a multimillion-pound redevelopment project involving renovating a couple of buildings and constructing new buildings on the site.
- Advising on construction projects across a range of sectors including transportation, highways, and education.
Joined Artington Legal
BDB Pitmans LLP
Tube Lines Limited
In his free time Kash enjoys playing football, going to the gym, travelling and street photography.