Ruth is a senior lawyer with over 15 years’ post-qualification experience. She has extensive experience in private practice advising both employers and employees on a full and extensive range of employment law issues, particularly non-contentious matters. Ruth is a highly regarded employment law and HR ‘soft skills’ trainer and author.
- contracts, service agreements, policies and handbooks;
- restrictive covenants (drafting and enforcement);
- bonus and incentive arrangements;
- boardroom governance;
- diversity and equal opportunities in the workplace;
- family friendly and flexible working;
- TUPE and outsourcing;
- redundancy and restructuring;
- social media use and abuse in the workplace; and
- HR disciplinary and grievance investigations and hearings.
- boardroom and senior executive terminations;
- settlement agreements;
- discrimination; and
- employment tribunal claims.
Employment and HR training and publications:
- conferences and in-house bespoke seminars; and
Key specialisms include
- diversity and discrimination in the workplace;
- ‘boardroom business’, including senior executive and director resignation and removal;
- TUPE; and
- redundancy and restructuring.
- advised the senior director of a global US listed internet company in relation to a whistleblowing grievance, culminating in a negotiated high-value termination package and reduced restrictive covenants in a settlement agreement;
- advising a medium-sized employer (bespoke hotel laundry) in relation to disciplinary action and dismissal following offensive Facebook comments posted by an employee;
- providing employment corporate support and advice on TUPE following the unique outsourcing of property management services following a breach and termination of a property management services agreement by landlord; and
- conducting disciplinary and grievance investigations for a financial services organisation, leading to the negotiated exit of an employee.
Recent speaking engagements
- ACCA autumn and spring conferences (East Kent and London);
- Opportunities 4 Women – finance sector career development workshops 2016;
- speaker at WorkingMums Live conferences;
- Accor employment webinars;
- New Frontiers quarterly employment law updates; and
- Mama TV.
- articles on employment law on ACCA website; and
- articles on employment law on WorkingMums website.
Joined Artington Legal
- Eversheds LLP
- Allen & Overy LLP
- Howard Kennedy LLP
Employment Lawyers Association
Governor at JFS School
Ruth is a busy mum of four who loves entertaining dancing and reading.